The World Health Organization has characterized the coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic. We are concerned for the well-being of our people working across geographies and hence are making sure that we are on top of things. We are ensuring that that there is open communication within the organization and we have the right level of preparedness to tackle any unforeseen situation.
Symptoms of the coronavirus
The symptoms include cold or flu-like symptoms but these can be different for different people. Some of the prominent symptoms include the following.
- Runny nose
- Difficulty in breathing/shortness of breath
How to protect yourself
- Wash your hands: Cleans your hands with soap and running water. Make sure that you cleans the back of your hands, nails and space between the fingers. You should scrub your hands for atleast 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing: Try and use a tissue when you cough and sneeze and make sure that the tissue is thrown in the bin. If there is no tissue do the same on your elbow.
- Use face mask: If it is required then wear face masks.
- Seek medical advice: If you think that you are showing symptoms as mentioned above make sure that you show yourself to a medical practitioner at the earliest and seek proper medical advice.
Steps that Excelgens is taking to ensure business continuity
During this time there are two important things that every organization should ensure
- The well being of its people.
- The business continuity for its clients.
We are taking several steps to ensure that we meet both these objectives.
- We have had our internal meeting with the team to make them aware of the coronavirus outbreak. Our HR and Management are talking to all team members one-to-one to ensure that the information is clear. We have requested everyone to be very transparent if they suspect any health issues and to feel free to report the same.
- We have restricted or cancelled the official travel plans. We are also actively reviewing travel plans made earlier and talking with the concerned stakeholders to find alternative solutions.
- We are encouraging our employees and clients to organize phone/skype interviews.
- We have advised our employees travelling me distances to work from home.
- We are being flexible about our sick leave policy and taking it on a case-by-case basis.
- Sharing videos and online resources with the team to educate them about the outbreak and also on ways to protect themselves. We are also encouraging them to share the information with as many people as possible so that people outside our office can be benefited in some way.
For the latest updates on COVID-19